Plan to do this kick-off craft early in your lesson on responsibility. You will work together to make diamond-shaped “men at work” traffic signs.
You will need the following supplies:
orange or yellow craft paper
black silhouette pictures of kids or people working
black electrical tape or black strips of paper
happy face stickers or drawings.
Here’s how to make your signs:
– in the entryway where your kids are responsible to place their shoes neatly, hang their coats up and put away backpacks
– on the bathroom mirror where kids will see it when they brush their teeth and wash their faces
– in the kitchen as a reminder to be cheerful about daily chores
– above a child’s bed as a reminder to make their bed each day
– in the car as a reminder to “strap in” and keep the car tidy
– on the computer or TV as a reminder to follow house rules regarding digital entertainment
– near the toy bins to remind kids to pick up after themselves
– in the dining area as a reminder to tidy away dishes and wipe the table after meals
– near the bathtub as a reminder to rinse down the tub or shower after use.
Ecclesiastes 5:18-20 “
Behold, what I have seen to be good and fitting is to eat and drink and find enjoyment in all the toil with which one toils under the sun the few days of his life that God has given him, for this is his lot. Everyone also to whom God has given wealth and possessions and power to enjoy them, and to accept his lot and rejoice in his toil – this is the gift of God. For he will not much remember the days of his life because God keeps him occupied with joy in his heart.”